HOLY TRINITY PARISH CHURCH, KENDAL
The Parochial Church Council has received a grant of £8,000 from the Heritage Lottery Fund, and an additional grant of a further £2,000 from a local charity (the Kirkland Trust) to enable it to enhance the experience of visitors to this historic place of worship.
These funds will be applied to consultancy advice on marketing and to the production of new information material and signage. The PCC recognises however that the success of the project will depend in large measure on the recruitment, training and management of a team of volunteer welcomers. To that end it is providing funds for a post of Volunteer Coordinator.
The post has been established for a period of eight months, from March 1st to October 31st 2019 (to include the seven-month period, starting April 1st, when guides will be on duty in Church). The question of the possible renewal of the post will be determined towards the end of the period of appointment; regard will be had to the financial position of the Church at that time and of any increase in income that may be attributable to the project.
The post holder will be responsible to Norma Bates (Vice Chair of PCC) and David Richardson (Churchwarden).
Part-time: 7 hours per week. The rate of pay will be £9.873 an hour
Requirements: Experience of management of volunteers and sympathy with the mission of Kendal Parish Church; good communication and IT skills
Application, by letter, to
by Friday 8 February. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 12 February.
1. To advise on, and to assist in, the recruitment of volunteer welcomers
2. To take responsibility for the training of welcomers
3. To be responsible for the management and welfare of welcomers
4. To report from time to time to the PCC.
5. To contribute to discussion on the implementation of the project overall
6. To undertake any other related duties as agreed with the line managers.